|Captain's Information and News Updates|
770 992-7227 (home) 770-992-8255 (work) firstname.lastname@example.org
Well - our second season came to an end Sunday. Suffering our only 2-1 loss of the year, we finished 3rd. Many positives a few things to work on. Inside the numbers - only 2 of the 6 losses were 2 sets, the other 4 were 3 set matches and we always got at least 4 games even in those. We missed Gene, as we lost 5 of 6 times in the #1 position.
1. We need to get better - I think I would like to see some group get to gether for lessons. Most everyone on the team is nice mid level 3.5's. We need to inprove our skills to become high level 3.5's.
2. We need more practice time to get some of our pairings better established. I think this was partially caused by so mant new people on the team. And some early mistakes in talent evaluation. I feel better about that now, and would like to get 4 to 6 to continue practicing one day a week together.
3. I have 1 (Jim Gormley) and I will try for a second new recruit to improve us at the #1 spot. There is nothing wrong with this team that a new good pair of ones would not fix.
4. Realistically - we are quite a ways from being a state challenger. No team in our division had anyone of state championship caliber at any position. We are all quite safe as 3.5's for a fair amout of time into the future.
5. Still had good fun and we were right there up until the last few points in both the 1's and 3's of clinching first.
6. North Fulton will not win a point next week in the playoffs
- mark my word.